Monday, May 15, 2006

Best Smile Ever

Drew gave me the best Mother's Day present yesterday: he slept in, woke up with the biggest grin, and laughed as often as possible. Minus the sleeping in part, this is his usual day, but it still made yesterday seem extra special.

Drew's giggles and grins have a way of doing that. There's just something about his obvious joy that can turn the grayest sky blue for a moment. And I'm not saying that because I'm his Momma. His smile brightened the morning of a young woman who had just missed her flight out of DIA. He drew a crowd of servers and busboys at The Melting Pot this weekend, and he entertained them all while they smiled and cooed and laughed. The power of Drew's little face all scrunched up in a grin is amazing.

I know that as he grows, he may not always smile and laugh as freely. He may turn his face away from strangers instead of staring at them with fascination as he takes in the world. But right now, I'm amazed at my happy little boy and his ability to infect others with his happiness.

No comments: