Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Fun with the DDJ in Absentia

Found out this morning that my manager's last day is tomorrow. He's moving on to another position with another company in another part of the country. No word on a replacement. No word on anything. I'm told our president refused to let my manager say word one about this until the Christmas party this past Saturday. Supposedly my manager is trying to get the paperwork and such for our raises finished before he leaves. Nice of him, isn't it? We're not even sure if our clients are aware of this development. Chances are they aren't since most of them are off this week and/or next for the holidays. And I get to go back to work a week from today. Joy. Have I mentioned lately how much I love my job? Time to go find that countdown code for the blog sidebar. I need it now. Really need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun when no one bothers to tell you anything until the last minute (if then)? It was always fun at my last job when conversations would start out, "Oh, didn't you know that..."

At least he's putting the raises through before he goes! *-*

Kellie said...

Actually, he's only trying to get the raises through. That's not a guarantee. And considering the way things have gone, I'm seriously thinking about betting money that he won't have the time and that the pres arranged it that way. Afterall, our raises might put those cushy bonuses for the bigwigs in jeopardy.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, that does sound a bit more likely. I loved it when lay-offs were done (last year and this year *~*), and yet our President (who is leaving in the Spring) and the "important people" are getting holiday bonuses. So nice to know that the people we got rid of made sure a select few got some extra cash - while the rest of us just got extra work. *~*