Thursday, May 03, 2007

Inadvertent Advertising

I've been remiss in my blogging lately, mostly due to lack of time between working full-time, keeping the Drew Monster from getting too irked at my working full-time, and trying to keep my writing on track. I do have lots of posts in the works, though, so hopefully the silence will be over soon. It's not going to be over until the weekend, though, as I'm back at the DDJ until tomorrow evening.

But when I heard this on the radio this morning, I just had to share:

Looking for something fresh? Like the outdoor breeze up your shorts fresh?

This was for an advertisement for an outdoor mall, and why shouldn't it be? I mean, don't you always think about the fresh air blowing up your crotch when you see an outdoor mall?

This isn't quite as bad as the "Kiss your creams good-bye" slogan for a yeast infection treatment pill, but it's in the same ballpark. Where have all the beta readers gone in advertising?

2 comments:

Greg said...

You must admit that it's better than the not-so-fresh breeze up your shorts feeling. I wonder what the TV commercial would look like?

Kellie said...

Perhaps the "not-so-fresh feeling" was used in an earlier draft and discarded as too much truth in advertising (the outdoor mall is a bit close to a downtown metro area).

Maybe the TV commercial woudl just have stock footage of that Marilyn Monroe classic pose?