Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Chompers Already?

A couple weeks ago, I noticed a suspicious white spot along Andrew's gumline. A quick check in my handy first-year reference book told me that teeth don't show up until about six months, so then I worried what the heck this white spot that looked a bit like the tip of a molar was. I stopped worrying when another one showed up in the same spot on the other side of his mouth. It's rare, but teeth can start coming in this early. And he has been a bit fussy lately--the inconsolable variety of fussy. He hasn't started putting his teeth on everything, but what we've been interpreting as feeding cues (sucking and nibbling on his fingers) could be more of a teething thing than a hunger thing, and would explain his lack of interest in a bottle when we bring it. And he has started to drool. His two-month check-up is in two weeks. We'll see what the pediatrician says then. I wonder if this means we'll be starting the joys of mushy peas earlier than most.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two months? Really? Yeesh, where's the time go? *-*

And mushy peas sound like loads of fun. ^-*

Kellie said...

I know. I already miss how teeny-tiny he was that first week. :)

As for the teeth, he had such a bad day yesterday that was more than just colic. We're investigating teething rings today, just to see what happens.