Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just the Two of Us

This is Andrew's favorite position for sleeping and just chillin'. Now that he's a bit stronger, he even likes to push up from my chest or lay there when I'm sitting up more so he can check out the world. I was hoping to avoid posting any pics of me as the postpartum roller coaster has only recently begun to slow down enough so Momma can look somewhat presentable in pictures, but oh well. And looking at all the pictures I've posted, I've realized that we don't have any digital images ready to post where Drew's older than 16 days. He's changed a lot since then. Mainly because he's chunking up so nicely. Baby fat is so cute. We'll have more pictures of him older by the end of the week, weekend at the latest.

Andrew's also likes to emulate his Momma. The little guy sneezes a lot, just like me. He sneezes at least three times a day with at least three sneezes per episode. Granted, this doesn't come close to my legendary high school sneezing fits (ten loud, violent sneezes in a row, usually in the middle of some class discussion that naturally had to stop until I finished; this happened often enough that it ceased to be a novelty by my junior year classes and the rest of the class would simply wait and pick up right where they left off once I stopped), but he's got time.

My dad and stepmother left early this morning, and that was the last of the visits until the spring. While I enjoyed seeing everybody and watching them ooh and aah over the little guy--and it was heavenly to have everyone around to help me out as I stumbled through my recovery--it's nice to get back to our little family. We can start developing some routines, and I can start doing more and more for myself to help speed along the recovery and return to normalcy. So now it's just me and Drew in the daytime.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the private time together, sweetie. *-* I think you look great - and that's a wonderful picture.

Kellie said...

If you look closely, you can see all the bruises on my hand from the multiple needle sticks I had that didn't yield a successful blood draw or IV insertion. At least now that I'm losing weight and fluid retention, my veins are easier to get to.