Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In Which Feminine Troubles are Discussed

My poor body. I can hear it's confused mutterings: "OK, we're not pregnant anymore, so it's time to do that whole monthly cycle thing. But we're nursing, and that's telling us to delay the whole monthly cycle thing for a bit. But we're also getting these daily doses of progesterone, which is trying to trick us into thinking we're pregnant so we don't get pregnant, but still allows for that whole monthly cycle thing. Ah, hell. Let's just dump a ton of blood, cramp up like there's no tomorrow, and pump the short-fuse anger juice. Maybe then Kellie will straighten out the signals and make it clear what we're supposed to be doing here."

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't a sign of more crazy health shenanigans, but rather just the normal process of my body trying to get back to its regular rythyms and patterns after pregnancy. But I'm not sure I'm going to survive another weekend like the one I just experienced. The cramps were similar to the god-awful pain of the uterine infection I had a few days after delivery (which was worse than any of the labor pain I went through), and the temper.... I just need to say again that Mark is a saint, especially as he had to juggle a fussy baby and an enraged wife on Sunday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say it sounds normal, considering that's what I go through on a monthly basis, but I've been told my routine isn't normal. *~* I've started calling it my monthly hemorrhage (complete with pain enough that I've contemplated removing my own ovaries by hand and constant headaches), and I'm going to have to grill my GYN the next time I see him, because these damn pills aren't working (well, they're working - no pregnancy - but they're not having the promised side effects anymore).

Just know you aren't the only one. *-* I'm amazed Rich still actually wants to live with me, considering what he's had to go through over the years!

Kellie said...

I just hope this doesn't become standard operating procedure for my body. I'm fairly certain it's because the pill I'm taking just doesn't give my body enough cues to go on, but I think if I change to any other pill, I have to stop breastfeeding because it's not safe for Drew. I'm willing to put up with this for a month or two more, then I'm going to start hassling my OB/GYN.