Thursday, January 26, 2006

Ugh

My body is fighting off some bug. I've been exhausted since I don't know when (not surprising, given Andrew), but add to that a mildly sore throat, a mildly bothersome ear ache, and general mind-body disconnect and I'm not the happiest of campers. I keep trying to get more sleep, and either Drew axes that plan, or my body needs even more than I'm giving it even with the naps and early bed times. I'm tolerating this for the moment as I haven't actually gotten miserable sick. And if this is what it takes to keep me from getting so, then I guess I'll deal. But so much for my evening writing times.... I get home, play with Andrew, eat, put The Boy to bed, then pretty much collapse into bed myself (and I can't quite go to sleep right then as I have to pump to make sure I don't wake up at 3AM with painfully engorged breasts). I'm going to try to work with my laptop tonight after Drew goes to sleep to see if I can comfortably rest in bed AND bang out a few words. Should be fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laptops are wonderful. I'm so excited that I get mine next week, so I can sit in bed and write. With the streaks of back pain I've had, sitting in my computer chair isn't possible

*hugs* I hope the bug moves on for you soon.

Kellie said...

I hope the bug moves on soon, too, because Drew seems determined not to sleep through the night like he used to this week, which doesn't help my body get the rest it needs to fight this thing. Ah, parenthood. :)

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, Tali never lets me sleep through the night, either. *-* At least Drew can't jump on the bed and walk all over you!

Kellie said...

Well, not yet he can't, but that day is soon upon us, I'm sure.