Thursday, February 15, 2007

The Wonders of the Dollar Store

It's amazing where you can find inspiration. I went into a local dollar store just to see about picking up some posterboard for mapping out SoZ in purty colors. I decided to wander around a bit and see if I could find anything else that might help me visualize my story better. I didn't find much for SoZ, but I did find something so intriguing that I'll have to set aside time to write a different story in the near future.

I was browsing the knick knack section when I saw it. In among some other colorfully painted Victorian hat stands (with attached hats, of course), I found one that was entirely painted in silver. I saw it, and my first thought, I kid you not, was, "Victorians...in...SPAAAAAAACE!!!!" And then I thought, "Damn, now I have to write that."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, gotta love thos emoments. *-*

I'll be making a joke about something, and either some idiot around me will say, "You should write that" or I'll just stop and smack my head into the nearest object, because I know I'm going to have to write it.

If people only knew where half of my ideas came from, they'd die laughing. *-*

Kellie said...

Only one person has told me "you should write that." And they were "giving" me their idea. :(

Anonymous said...

People do it to me a lot, and most of the time I just roll my eyes and tell THEM to write it (Rich is the biggest offender).

The only offered suggestion I've taken was my Dad's, which led to my Rorkyli creation. I promised, when it sells, I'll give him credit. *-*