Wednesday, June 20, 2007

My First Blackout

The Drew Monster and I survived our first power outage in the desert. Thankfully, it started at 8:30AM and lasted only until 10:15AM. I shudder to think what it would've been like in the afternoon here. As it was, the house was getting toward uncomfortable when the AC kicked back on, and cold water is really only cold this time of year when it's got ice in it or when it's filtered through your fridge. Most of my showers are hot enough with the faucet pointed almost to the coldest part of the faucet's range.

Andrew handled the strange stillness in our house like a pro, not really missing a beat from dumping Cheerios from one tupperware container to another (a game he created himself just this morning). I was a little freaked out about the prospect of being stranded in a home with no AC for the rest of the day and was very very relieved when everything came back on.

No comments: