Thursday, May 13, 2004

A Month of Books

That's what April was. Every time I turned around, I was in a bookstore, a used bookstore, or a library and walking away with an armload. I found all sorts of cool books, some non-fiction, some fiction, some reference. It was really sweet. Sales everywhere, bargains galore, freebies for volunteering some time at a book sale. I still have two boxes worth that I haven't been able to place on our already crowded shelves anywhere. I'm afraid to count how many books I bought in April, but I know that I spent less than $100 for them all. You should see the gorgeous books on Mythology, Egypt, and Archaeology I nabbed from a sale at Borders. Not only will they be invaluable for research for my intergalactic archaeologist series idea, but they're also pretty swanky coffee table books. I'm pretty excited that I scored all but one of the Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever series. I could go on and on about all my finds. The take home of this post is: I have enough books to last me through two years at the very least, and I'm afraid to set foot in another bookstore or library again lest I walk away with more books.

No comments: