Saturday, July 03, 2004

Catching Up

Another month gone by. I suppose I should get serious about posting regularly again. It's just crazy how little there is to say when you're not in a workplace 40 hours a week. Plus, I'm far too busy watching Stargate SG-1 in the mornings and then writing in the afternoons to putter around on the web. :)

Yes, now that I've managed to get rid of my Victoria's Secret and Bath&Body Works credit cards, I've discovered the joys of the Best Buy credit card. Last weekend I rustled up seasons 3, 5, & 6 of SG-1 on DVD. So I've gotten into the habit of watching an episode or five after my morning workout. The good thing about that is the story ideas this show generates. Not novel story ideas. Short story ideas. In fact, I'm working on one now (although, it's about 10,000 words, so it's technically a "novelette"). I write these stories for about two hours, take a walk, and then I sit down and work on research for The Masque.

Or sometimes I'll read instead of gluing myself to the couch. In fact, I managed to read a few books I forgot to list as my June reading: On Basilisk Station and Honor of the Queen by David Weber, and A Thousand Words for Stranger by Julie E Czerneda. But I'm starting to slow my reading down now that my writing's kicked back into gear.

Yeah, I think I've finally gotten the hang of dealing with myself while unemployed. But there's a part of me that hopes by saying I've got the hang of it that I will trigger God's Wit and land myself a job in a few days.

No comments: