Thursday, July 22, 2004

More Good Books

Per my therapist's suggestions, I've been working my way through I Could Do Anything If Only I Knew What It Was by Barbara Sher and The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron. Good books, especially if you feel a bit lost in your own life, as I've been feeling for the past two years. Reading these two books has been an exercise in catharsis for me. Very helpful, if somewhat emotional at times.

I tried to post twice yesterday, but Blogger thwarted me each time. So I decided to wait until today. I had my sixth interview on Tuesday, and it went really well. I'm still waiting to hear back from interviews four and five as well. I'm hoping these three loose ends will wrap up by the end of the month, and it'd be nice if one of them wrapped up in such a way as to get me a job. I'm just sayin'....

Found this via Jenny:
I will be stung by a swarm of killer bees

How will you die? Take the Exotic Cause of Death Test

Given my penchant for sneezing, I expected I would go by way of "Sneezing your brain out". And I have an issue with the "death by West Nile" option listed. The West Nile mortality rate is nothing, and your immune system usually needs to be compromised in some other way before the virus can be that serious. Although I've been seeing reports that West Nile leaves a lot of lingering side effects (dizziness, fatigue, muscle ache, etc). If people were this vigilant and freaked about HIV....

No comments: