Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Bad Carma

The misspelling is intentional. This is apparently the Week of the Car. Yesterday, my manager was gone for much of the day because she somehow ran over a boxcutter and had to get a new tire and such. I remember thinking how glad I was that it wasn't me. Then I tried to drive to work this morning, and the key wouldn't go in the ignition. Something was physically blocking it. Sound like a strange problem? Well, it's actually happened before. Only I couldn't remember how Mark got the problem fixed. And he was on a bus on his way to work without a cell phone. So much for leaving at 7:30 to get to work by 8. The good news is that I got a chance to write the morning pages that I hadn't done today because I slept in a little and ate an unhurried breakfast. And since I couldn't get the car fixed until after 8, I had five minutes to swing into Target and pick up the Star Wars trilogy instead of rushing around on my way home from work and before my crit group.

Moral of the story: don't be so relieved that one man's car trouble is not your own; your car may remedy that situation.

No comments: