Thursday, September 23, 2004

Bad Thursday, Bad

OK, so it seems that Thursday is just going to hit me hard every week unless I figure out exactly what my deal is and how to fix it. Each Thursday I've been here, I've gotten incredible creative urges, this often over-whelming desire to sit down and just WRITE! And not for an hour or two when I get home in the evening, but all friggin' day. I wonder what it is about my weekly schedule mentally, emotionally, and physically that creates this need. Because it makes Thursday a bitch of a day to get through at work. I'm cranky, I'm frustrated, and I'm prone to just stare off into space, wishing I had my laptop with me and all my writing materials to just got nuts. Which is tantamount to wishing I could spend Thursday at home writing and not even think about going into work. I wonder if they'd let me get away with that? Coming in on a Saturday or Sunday instead of a Thursday? Wait, do I want to do that?

At any rate, I've got to figure out why this happens every Thursday, because I'm not a happy camper at the moment. I'm certainly not productive. The first thing I can do is at least bring in a writing journal or three on Thursdays and give myself five minutes here and there to sketch out ideas and thoughts about my projects. That should help. I just wish I knew why it was a Thursday thing. Because it would be nice if I could convince this unbearable writing urge to move to Saturday or Sunday--a day where I could actually give in to that seemingly insatiable need to be one with paper and keyboard and muse.

No comments: