Monday, June 20, 2005

More Pregnancy Fun

I learned over the weekend that a buffet is a beautiful thing to a pregnant woman. We went to our local gambling town, Blackhawk, this weekend to see what we could make of the last of our tax refund money (broke even). And I discovered the joys of the buffet. Andrew rather enjoyed himself as well. Never have I experienced so many "me wantee" reactions in one small area. The best part, of course, was that I could fulfill the "me wantee" to my heart's and stomach's content. And I did. Mark took a quick break from his poker table to share some of the meal with me. Then he left and I went back for fifths, sixths, sevenths, etc. :) At first it was all the meat that amazed me. By the time I had eaten prime rib, salmon, pork tenderloin, ribs, and crab legs, I realized that I should probably fit some veggies in somewhere. So I loaded up a plate with a salad and some sauteed green beans. Delish. I finally slowed down just in time for dessert, sadly. So I only had half a slice of a Death-by-Chocolate sort of concoction. And then two hours later I wolfed down a serving of chili cheese fries.

Andrew was one happy fetus Saturday evening. No wonder he's been pissy today--all he got was some piddly sandwich for lunch.

No comments: