Tuesday, September 30, 2003

So Tired

Today the clouds have decided to hang around. They're blocking the sun. They're hiding the mountains. They're hovering in the sky with a bland gray that hurts the eyes and the heart. They're really pissing me off. I'm not ready for gray skies and cold breezes and bare trees. The only consolation is that the sun will be back shortly. It usually can't stand to be blocked by clouds for more than a day or two here. Still...

Blah weather makes me feel blah. It probably doesn't help that I've been genuinely tired pretty often this month. That may just be a product of paying attention to my sleep patterns for all this sleep apnea test stuff. Whatever the cause, though, I'm really tired. and that's about the way September went for me.

I've got a few ways to combat this. I'm going to drag my butt out of bed and exercise regularly instead of hitting snooze for an hour. I don't know if that hour of snooze sleep is helping or hurting my sleepiness, but the exercise will only help, so I'm going to start giving that a better try. And next on the list once I see how that goes is to analyze my writing patterns and come up with a better schedule for me. I still haven't found a plan that works well for me. And I don't like the attitude of "I'll write whenever the muse lets me". It's a cop out. So hopefully the constant exercise will perk me up and give me a good idea about how to write regularly. An idea that feels right.

And those clouds better take the hint and breeze on out of here. That will do a world of good too.

No comments: