Monday, October 06, 2003

Housekeeping

One last thing about our weekend. I promise. Just after we had checked out of the Omni, I remembered that we had left something in the fridge. So a manager had to bring up to the room so I could get in and get our stuff. A housekeeper happened to be there when we went it. Knowing full well that the guest who had previously stayed in the room was right behind her, the housekeeper opens the door and reacts to the state of our room with an "Oh my gosh!" Now, I'm extremely neat and organized in my own home, but I do get a bit free-spirited in a hotel room. I don't make the bed. I don't hang up towels we've used. That's about it. I'm quite sure that this woman has seen rooms in far worse condition. But it isn't really her reaction that disturbed me. It was the fact that she gave such an obvious reaction while I was still there. Well, she may have refrained from saying, "What pigs," becuase she knew I was right behind her. Now I'm going to be so ultra conscious of how I leave a hotel room.

No, that's a lie. We left the hotel room in Blackhawk in worse condition than the Omni. But there were some cleaning ladies hanging around. I was very tempted to lurk in the hall and listen for their response to the state of our room. Well, no matter how they reacted, I hope they felt guilty. I left them my brand-new, unopened Victoria's Secret mascara. Well, I didn't really leave it. It didn't make the transfer from the shopping bag to my suitcase. Not sure how I missed it. But if the cleaning ladies don't just throw away the shopping bag, then they've got some primo cosmetics (which I got for free because of some coupon, so I'm mainly just pissed I ended up losing out on the deal).

No comments: