Wednesday, October 08, 2003

Hyperactive Thoughts

Just can't seem to settle the noggin. Maybe it's the Mountain Dew I drank this morning. Maybe it's the fact that I got a promotion at work and need to start crossing over to a new job and work with someone to take my place. Maybe it's the fact that an agent has asked for the first thirty pages of my work and I still haven't hit the ground running with my revisions as I had hoped. It just seems that as soon as I focus in on one idea that I need to think about and plan and do something with, my brain's already zoomed on to something else. Dizzy in more ways than one. Big changes always do this to me. I'm looking forward to getting home and just forcing the brain to be still for a bit. Hard to do here.

Oh, and yes, you read that right. I've been promoted from Senior Administrative Assistant to Executive Assistant. I didn't even know I was a "senior" anything until I found out about the promotion. They're still "waiting for approval" on the pay increase. Go figure. I *heart* Corporate America.

No comments: