Wednesday, October 27, 2004

I'm Alive, Kinda

OK, I survived my first Con. Barely. I made it until we were heading out of the hotel late on Sunday before the combination of lack of sleep and food overwhelmed and drove me to hysteria. No one really saw me lose it--except for Mark. He got both barrels of it. The plus side is that he had never dealt with a hysterical person before. I was all too happy to oblige. Better he figure out what it involves and how he should deal with it now than when I'm pregnant, as even I can't predict what THAT'S going to be like, but I'm thinking it's a safe bet that hysteria might creep up at some point during those nine months.

Anyhoo, I do have a report on the con, with at least one day typed up while there. The other two days are sketched out in note form somewhere on my writing desk (or maybe in my purse). I will post it, I swear. Here's my problem: in addition to the lack of sleep at the con, I was battling insomnia for the entire week leading up to it. I don't even want to think about how much sleep I didn't get last week. It wasn't pretty. So I've been recovering, and it's getting better, but I'm still not out of the woods yet. At least I started feeling like myself again yesterday. That was a plus. So keep checking in. That report (and it's a doozy) will get posted by the end of the week. I promise.

No comments: