Sunday, May 11, 2008

Progress: Back After an Unplanned Break

I didn't think I was going to be able to get any writing done last night. I've been so tired lately and figured I'd hit the sack shortly after Drew went down for the night. But, true to form recently, I had just enough energy to guarantee I wouldn't be able to fall asleep, and not quite enough to do much more than play Final Fantasy X for a bit. Well, after getting my butt kicked in the game and losing about twenty minutes or so of playing time, I got irked enough that I jump-started my energy drive and decided to write a page or two to ease back into the thick of the story. Six pages later and two hours later, I finally had to crash. Hence I'm posting this after the fact.

Deadline: June 30, 2008
Today's Words: 1482
Total words: 65,210 (22,210)

Musical stylings: The Birthday Massacre (a current band that sounds like a more electronically polished female-led version of The Cure)
Munchies: Leftover boneless wings from our Chili's takeout dinner

Researched via Quickie Wiki or the Google Boogie: African names (I'm trying to demonstrate the multicultural feel of the world by using a different ethnicity whenever possible)

Mean Things: Name-calling among friends, arguing in public
Placeholder of the day: That grabbing a different ethnic name for secondary characters as they appear is good short-hand for the diversity of folks in space for my world, but probably not the most effective way to do things; yet another thing to keep in mind for the revisions

Physical therapy contortions: None as I fell into bed (only to take over an hour to fall asleep, dammit)

No comments: