Friday, March 12, 2004

Happy Friday

That title should be read a la the Monty Python "and there was much rejoicing" enthusiasm. My Friday started out great. My mother was in town and we spent a nice day and half together. Did lots of fun tooling around the area yesterday. I dropped her off at the airport this morning and then went back to work for a half day. Remember those lay-off rumors I mentioned a while back? Well, they made the big announcement yesterday while I was away. So I returned to work to find out I had been laid-off. My last day at that job is the 31st. The good news is that I will finally be done with that job by the end of this month. That will go a long way toward helping my attitude and my life in general. The bad news is that I no longer can pursue another job in the leisurely fashion I've been. Of course, it doesn't help that I haven't heard back from the one job. I called this afternoon to see about getting a status, but no one was there. Hopefully on Monday.

Another piece of good news is that I now have a complete experience of Corporate America. And it's always good to add to that ever-lengthening list of Character-Building Experiences. Plus now I get to explore the amazing area of Unemployment Benefits (assuming nothing happens with this pending-job app thing before March 31st).

And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

No comments: