Thursday, September 21, 2006

Juggling

In the midst of juggling life stuff, I find myself also juggling writing stuff. I have an idea for a short story that I'd really like to get into and give me the soothing satisfaction of actually completing a project right about now. But I'm afraid that I'll get derailed in the middle of SoZ, which would be a very bad thing because if I get derailed in the middle, it's hard to get back on track.

So that's the dilemma. Write the short story and feel good about seeing a project through from start to finish in the middle of all the Real Life Stuff and risk an extensive delay in finishing SoZ. Or keep chugging on SoZ--which I'm enjoying, don't get me wrong--and every now and then feel a little off because I feel anchorless in my writing as well as my life. Hmmm....

No comments: