Thursday, February 13, 2003

So last night I sliced off the tip of my left index finger. And we're not talking a small slice. Grrr. It's painful and bloody (well, dried blood, right now) and the bandage is very ungainly. I can't believe I've typed as well and as fast as I have today. I'm feeling pretty well, all things considered. And this whole episode has provided a slight bit of merriment. Mark has taken to calling me "Kellie the Nine Fingered." Ha ha. I just wish it hadn't been such a bad cut. It'd be nice to not hafe pains while I type! Especially considering the second Monthly Marathon starts midnight Saturday. Which brings me to my writing. My current WIP is coming along nicely. I've avoided it for most of the two weeks since the last MM. I had a few plot and timing issues that I wanted to be sure I resolved before I plunged back in. And I've been returning crits this week, too. Today I haven't written because I've been exploring the wonders of blogging. And, given my mood, I was inclined to write several scenes in which all my main characters sliced off parts of their digits. I highly doubt they would appreciate it.

No comments: