Sunday, February 16, 2003

Wow. Mark and I just had a three hour discussion about testing for intelligence and comparing intelligence. It was a very good debate. Sure, it got heated and frustrating at times, but I think we both made a lot of good points. And, of course, Mark neatly avoided doing any research for his Astrobiology assignment, and I neatly avoided doing any writing for that time. Funny how that works.

The plus side is that I committed myself to finishing the Virus Scene, as I've dubbed it. The silly thing is really making me avoid Human Dignity, and I can't afford to do that. I have many other books clamoring to be put into words. I'd like to get to at least one of them this year. But I can't bring myself to start another book until I've finished a draft of Human Dignity. I may change that thinking as I progress with this new passion of mine, but I'd like to just stick to one WIP and carry it through to the end first. I also had an idea to wrap up that infernal notebook of Mike's in Part 2. It will also help me draw out my theme, so that will be good. And I figured out more of the science of the precursor Virus, which is nice. Now I just need to write. I will finish the Virus Scene today. I will!!

No comments: