Saturday, June 24, 2006

Checking In?

I think Spaceballs will be a great movie for Mark and I to watch very soon. We need some brainless yet clever comedy right about now. Sigh. The marathon of crunchtime has begun, and we both struggled with it. I think, though, that this stumble will help us better deal with all the fast-moving events that the summer has in store. After all, if you figured out where you've failed, your less likely to fail again--at least in that particular way. At any rate, we know our warning signs better in this heightened stress mode. I think we're going to institute weekly check-ins similar to this post so we can make sure that each of us as individuals are doing OK with the craziness and that we're doing OK as a couple and parents. We actually did this very well during my maternity leave, especially the first few weeks of Drew's life. We'll get back in the habit quickly.

As for the writing, see above. It was so caught up in my stress that each second I couldn't spend on my projects was a blow, and the time I did have for writing never seemed like enough. But this is an old frustration of mine, trying to juggle the necessary DDJ with the drive to write.

As for the blogging, I'm very happy with this week of posting. I even managed to schedule some posts for several weeks out. Once I get comfortable with this routine, I'll have to figure out a way to direct more traffic here. Well, the best way to do that would be to publish a book and put this blog under a domain with my full name in it. I'm going to assume that's not going to happen any time soon, though, and see what I can do to increase my readership in the meantime. The more readers of my blog I have before I get published translates into more readers I have after I get published. That's the plan at least. See, you are all a part of my grand scheme! Muahahahaha!

Ahem.

No comments: