Saturday, June 17, 2006

Cranky Momma

The theme of this week on the homefront was "No Sleep for Teething." It probably wouldn't have been so bad if I had gotten a nap last weekend, but between Mark finishing up his research and writing his thesis and me scrambling to squeeze writing in and around that and a suddenly very crazy DDJ, no nap for Momma. Bad time management didn't help either. Hey, at least I had a great birthday.

On the blogging front, I'm very happy with my "pro blogging" effort this week. That time management thing will help in the coming weeks to make sure I've got good posts ready to go each day. But the biggest focus of the time management issue will be to squeeze in more writing time for me while life goes bonkers for the next few weeks.

As a treat for me that had the benefit of being 100% free, I went to a spa "happy hour" and got a makeover and massage (the quickie versions) while I nibbled on munchies and sipped wine. The wife of one of my coworkers owns a spa and had an open house last night. As a marketing tool, it was very effective: I'm already mentally shifting my budget to allow for a couple of massages before we move instead of buying more books to add to my crazy To Be Read pile (although that was exactly what I did with all of my birthday money: buy more books!).

All in all, not the best of weeks, but it had a lot of bright moments despite the constant Sleep Deprivation Shuffle.

No comments: