Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Progress: Back After a Break

I didn't report my two abysmal totals from last Monday and Tuesday before Mark's parents arrived. It was just too pathetic (306 words total). Plus no time, what with preparing for company and a camping trip. (A report on that should be forthcoming tomorrow.) And I was quite surprised I was able to write as much as I did tonight. I've been in blah down mode today and just doubted the story would come at all. Granted, I don't think much of what I got, but progress is progress toward a finished draft to then slice and dice into something actually resembling a novel.

Deadline: June 30, 2008
Today's Words: 1,508
Total words: 63,728 (20,728)
Musical stylings: Tori Amos
Munchies: None, but I'm about to grab a granola bar

Researched via Quickie Wiki or the Google Boogie: Half-hearted search to find a cystic fibrosis factoid half-remembered through the fog of my undergrad years
Mean Things: Talking scientific jargon to a layman, nasty genetic reveal that doesn't harm anything but is freaky-deaky
Placeholder of the day: More vague hand-wavy stuff about the business of setting up the medical clinic because I don't want to be bothered with those details right now. I will research that later (that's another post, too).

Amusing Tidbit from Kellie's Day: This is actually from yesterday. I somehow got into a religious debate with the physical therapist as my appointment wound down. They had apparently been discussing it all day long, my therapist roped me into a bit, and I trotted out my theory that free will prevents the Bible from being the literal truth. Said theory did not go over well. I'm pretty sure that was the first time I offered that idea outside of the context of close, like-minded friends. I'd be more interested in hearing someone actually get into it with my logic rather than be offended by the entire concept and half-jokingly tell me my idea makes me Not a Christian. But that's not the amusing part. That happened when I got back in my car and the CD cued up the next song: "God" by Tori Amos (why, yes, I have recently resurrected my Tori Amos kick).

Physical therapy contortions: Done and done, though I still can't bring myself to futz with my scar tissue all that much on my own. This, I need to fix.

No comments: