Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Progress: The Notes Helped

Getting all thinky about this chapter last night and throughout the day really helped me write it. I finished the first of the chapter's three scenes tonight, and it went well, I think. At least, well enough for a first draft that takes me to The End.

Deadline: June 30, 2008
Today's Words: 1,342
Total words: 56,038 (13,038)
Musical stylings: The usual suspects
Munchies: Yet another home-made trailmix (yummy dry roasted almonds with more dried cranberries and chocolate chips; this time I added cheerios to the mix)

Researched via Quickie Wiki or the Google Boogie: n/a
Mean Things: More lies among friends, spacewalk with a distracted pal
Placeholder of the day: Pretty much every single detail about installing a communciations array. It went along the lines of this: "Three more wires, five diagnostics, and two connection optimizations later, Barrett declared the comm array successfully installed." Oh, and some vague hand-wavy stuff about magnetized boots and gloves to get from the tip of a ship's spire to the air lock in the middle. Just about everything except the dialog screams "RESEARCH THIS FOR REVISIONS".

Physical therapy contortions: Going to do those in bed while watching The West Wing (we're nearly done with Season 1; we've only got Season 2 after this as the show that was airing was irking me when Season 3 was released on DVD). I'm really surprised I got so many words tonight as it is. My shoulder is acting up to the point that I'm pretty sure my arm is going to be numb tonight or tomorrow. It's so achy and weak right now, and that's forty-five minutes after taking my NSAID. (As if on cue, the tingling just started. Friggin body.)

No comments: