Friday, April 18, 2008

Progress: Ready to Steamroll Through Act 2

I was trying to start a pattern of taking Wednesday night off from writing to just play in the form of reading or video games, or perhaps using that night to go to sleep early and make up for the toll of the week. This was intended to give me a mid-week break (Sunday evening being another one, though Drewbie's naptime on Sundays is a writing time, so the day wouldn't be a total loss) to help me write the rest of the week. Didn't work so well for last night. Sat down to write and lost about fifteen minutes staring at the computer screen, mind empty, not even aware that time was really passing. Called it quits pretty quickly after the second trance-like state that sucked ten minutes away. I'm very excited I get to sleep in tomorrow morning.

Deadline: June 30, 2008
Today's Words: 628
Total words: 59,066 (16,066)
Musical stylings: Same ol' playlist
Munchies: Still recovering from dinner out at My Big Fat Greek Restaurant, but I'm going to indulge in my popcorn while I watch BSG after I sign off

Researched via Quickie Wiki or the Google Boogie: I finally had to name the character with the "Name Here" placeholder from before; since I had Greek on the mind, I went hunting for Greek names
Mean Things: Constant well-intentioned warnings that prevent my MC from just getting out the front door to start the day

Amusing Tidbit from Kellie's Day: The stretch of I-10 between Tucson and Phoenix is not exactly safe. While I see a lot of stupid driving that makes me tense up and examine the road from my avoidance routes on a regular basis, one of the least reassuring things I've seen occurred this evening. A big gas truck was hanging out in the left lane with absolutely no traffic to speak of in the right for a football field in each direction with his lights off during the darker side of dusk. And he swerved dramatically at least once. I passed him on the right as quickly as I could and kept an eye on him in my rearview until I was too far away to see him. I have no desire to gain first-hand experience of a big huge explosion or messy highway collision.

Physical therapy contortions: Will do tonight during BSG (and I know I will as the show isn't holding my interest as it used to).

No comments: