Sunday, April 13, 2008

Progress: Excuses, Excuses, Excuses

Pardon the silence. I got lost in a few angsty wanderings this week, wallowing in the knowledge that not only am I not perfect, but I verily suck at various aspects of my life at the moment. Most of the mental gymnastics will be revealed to be the perfectionist in me lashing out, but some of it is real enough and needs to be improved. If the past has taught me anything, it is that my subconcious will sort out the real issues from the junk ones.

Onto the good stuff. I'm doing the writing earlier so as to enjoy another nice meal on the patio with the hubby. We're trying to make this a habit, and the hubby has graciously agreed to keep El Boyo Diablo out of my hair this evening so I could get some writing done. That might become habit on Sundays, as well.

Deadline: June 30, 2008
Today's Words: 952
Total words: 56,990 (13,990)
Musical stylings: Again, the same ol' mix
Munchies: Just water, dinner's yet to come

Fun with typos: "Mushy vegetables and slightly dry tofu didn't make for a gourmet meal but made for an readily edible compared to the blackened catastrophe they had tried to swallow the last time Chelsea cooked when furious." This is the result of about three different ways I tried to write this sentence, and there is evidence of all three scattered about it.
Mean Things: Terse dinner conversation thinly veiled as something civil
Placeholder of the day:"I need to speak with you regarding a few maintenance issues that came up today, and I need to catch an expert before he signs off tonight if you greenlight my ideas." Now, there's a reason Rafe did not specify, as I'm pretty sure he's lying through his teeth to beat a hasty retreat from the Dinner of Doom for himself and two others, but I'm sure I can come up with someone that sounds better and that might actually be real. The Second Act, after all, needs some details to portray a ship in repair.

Physical therapy contortions: I have a confession to make. Each time in the past week that I've blogged I'd be doing my PT after signing off, I never did. I need to get better about this, and I will, but I might give myself tonight off. I did a lot of walking today, and my hip pain has flared up for the first time in nearly a month.

No comments: