Saturday, August 09, 2003

Friggin' Technology

After that entry, my fingertips were all warmed up to write. I cued up a playlist of some music on Media Player and opened my WIP. Only to realize that all the songs I grabbed from my CDs and put onto my computer last week were GONE. I had tried to do some tidying last night and ended up deleting them all. ARGH! It took me a good two hours to get those 54 songs. And they were doing great things to set the mood for my writing. Now I'm torn between re-doing all that work (I'll eventually have to) and just getting to work. Procrastinator in me says: Music! Writer in me says: That music was really helping, maybe you should sacrifice a little writing time. But you've been unable to write for a while now due to traveling. Maybe you should just work on revisions and say to hell with the computer for now. Hmmm, I may be able to work around this. I can revise while I do the music. That might work.

P.S. I knew I shouldn't have listed Sheila's latest book in my "Currently Reading" list. Two days after that update, I'm done with Blade Dancer and need to update "Currently Reading" again. Another great job, Sheila. And I'll never moan about my tiny knee problems ever again! :)

No comments: