Wednesday, August 06, 2003

The Topic I Can't Leave Alone

I was going to write a nice long post about the shenanigans at Forward Motion this weekend. Here's the main point: I came back with some amazing writing news that I wanted to share with my on-line writing pals. Instead of being able to share, though, I spent the entire day yesterday sorting through what happened while I was gone. And by the end of the day, I realized that none of the mess was necessary. It could've and should've been handled privately. Instead, it was handled in a fashion that sucked in everyone and embroiled the entire community. And I just can't get over that fact.

So instead of dwelling on it and upsetting myself further, I'm going to curl up with my brand-spanking new copy of Blade Dancer by S.L. Viehl (Sheila). For once I'm not going to grumble about Sheila's books derailing my writing schedule. I need the all-consuming distraction right now.

P.S. I just sent out the 10 MS pages and 1 page synopsis. It's done. No turning back. I'm committed (or should that be "I need to be committed"?).

No comments: