Monday, August 11, 2003

Santorum At It Again

Just when I think the man will go back to his little corner of politics and shut his trap for a while, he splurts some new gem of wisdom. First off, learning Santorum is a fellow Catholic was jarring - to say the very least. And a daily communicant at that. Then, I read that he "accused colleagues of establishing a prohibition for the federal judiciary of anybody with 'deep faith in Catholicism, having to subscribe to the church's teaching on abortion.'" So, if you don't feel you have to subscribe to the church's teaching on something, does that mean you can't have a deep faith in Catholicism? The implication of everything that spews from this man's mouth just boils my blood and terrifies me for the future. Third-ranking Republican in Congress? Eep! Makes me want to move to Pennsylvania just so I can vote against him next time 'round. Or maybe I should just hang out in another area of Colorado so I can try to boot out Marilyn Musgrave, the "No Gay Marriage" Flag Bearer.

Can we please start practising that whole separation of church and state sometime soon? Like, before I die, so I can at least get a feel for what politics without the legislation of select morality might look like.

No comments: