Sunday, August 31, 2003

Back into the Revisions

I got through the first four chapters yesterday (about 60 pages). I've managed to create a rather large infodump in the first chapter that I need to tweak a little bit today. It's so funny. All my critters complained about not knowing X,Y, and Z by a particular time in Part 2, but the same critters than bitched and moaned about any kind of infodump that I had to answer their questions. Picky, picky. So I've got an idea to get the same info in there, but hide it a little so it's not quite getting dumped. The dumpage is still there, but I think I can camouflage it a bit better in a journal entry. Plus, that will give me more time to develop one of my baddies, and that's never a bad thing. Today starts the process of writing the middle that is missing in Part 2. Here's to hoping I can get through it today. I'm still crossing my fingers that I can get through Part 2 this weekend and then take care of Part 3 next weekend, but I don't think that's going to happen. We're going to a picnic tomorrow, and I still have to write up my class for Forward Motion this weekend. And there are other things I want to do to prep for CO Gold, and I'd rather not leave all of it until next weekend. So we'll see.

No comments: