Monday, February 23, 2004

Happy Hubby, Sick Wife

Mark had a bit of a blah time last week. And, since he never responded with anything when I asked him "Are you OK?", I just assumed he was tired and didn't help him with his blahs. I realized Friday that Something Was Wrong (not majorly wrong, but enough), and decided to kidnap him and boost his spirits. I had a great time Friday afternoon, putting together a list of six options and typing them up with a neat background. I gave him a sheet of paper with 6 Powerpoint slides, each one with the title of "Abduction Package #X". Then I picked him up a little early from work and whisked him away to the destination of his choosing. He chose Package #1: Dinner and games at Dave&Busters, followed by Return of the King. After dinner and enough skee ball to last Mark for a few months, we swung into Best Buy before the movie. We went a little nuts picking up some CDs and DVDs, but nothing too crazy. Then we watched the movie and went home to crash (a 3.5 hour movie will take a lot out of you). We spent Sunday watching the DVDs we picked up the night before: Red Dawn (Mark had never seen this 80s cheese), Pulp Fiction (both of us hadn't seen it in five years or more), and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (with 12 whole new minutes!). It was an impressive trip down memory lane and helped Mark fully shake off the blahs.

Unfortunately, I didn't get to write. Priorities are priorities, though. Mark is far more important than my books. And the weekend wouldn't have been a total wash were it not for me being pretty sick yesterday. The tummy wasn't pleased, my dizzy spells kicked into high gear, and I felt exhausted. It was all I could do to get the laundry done as I huddled under the blankets and watched TV. My stomach seems to be better today, as does the fatigue, but the dizziness is still hanging around. Bleh.

No comments: