Thursday, February 19, 2004

Patience, Grasshopper

Fate's been busy. Long story short, I'm tossing my name into the hat for a research assistant/technical editor job at CU. This opportunity fell into my lap this morning. I'd be teaching science writing, editing research articles, that sort of thing. This is so up my alley. And they're pretty excited because they usually get journalism types (in fact, that's what they were asking for), but they're interested in someone with a scientific background like mine. Way cool. I've spent as much time as possible today spiffing up my resume, writing a cover letter for it, and lining up my references. And I've loved every second of it. I'm more than a little spastic because the more I read about this position and the work I'd be doing, the more I can see myself doing it and loving it, and the more I can see how much my resume kicks ass. I'm ready to interview right now. Let me at 'em. I'll blow 'em away. Knock 'em dead. Tell 'em I'm so good with English that I know how to abuse it with words like "'em".

But I've got to be patient. This is a virtue that comes easier with time, right? Because I'm not where near mastering it right now.

No comments: