Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Thank You, Janet

No, not for displaying the latest in nipple art, but for including "Rythym Nation" in your show on Sunday. Brings back memories. Memories which I had to investigate last night, thus requiring Mark to drag out a box filled with old cassette tapes from my teen years. Lots of mix tapes of songs recorded from the radio. Lots of tapes I thought I had discarded long ago. (Ack! Not one, but two Mariah Carey tapes?? And a CD? NOOOOO!!!) Several recorded messages to and from friends and family that really need to be pitched before I become famous and they incriminate me. Some strange mixes garnered from CDs of friends - I'm surprised I didn't anger some music gods somewhere for putting Nirvana, Sting, and Pearl Jam on one tape. I also found the tape that I listened to while we were waiting to be cleared at the East German border. It had A-ha's two hits on it and some other mushy, cheesy 80s tunes. I listened to "Take On Me" while staring dreamy-eyed at the really cute communist guard who fondled a semi-automatic weapon and checked the passports we had pressed against the windows. Can't beat a memory like that for demonstrating the insanity of teen hormones.

So thank you, Miss Jackson. Memory Lane is always a fascinating place to roam.

No comments: