Thursday, February 12, 2004

Rumors

I haven't been a part of corporate America for very long, barely a year and a half. So I don't know if "layoff rumors" are a common thing or not. I'm sorta used to hearing them around work - science was probably one of the worst rumor mills I ever worked in. But it's really strange when you go to the mall and shop Bath and Body Works (with a buy anything, get lotion free coupon!!) and the clerk there has not only heard the layoff rumors but can also add to them. Yes, according to the woman who sold me my foot lotion, the IBM Boulder site will be shutting down. I think this was also confirmed by another secretary's nurse during her recent mammogram. I'm very surprised my hairdresser at Cost Cutters on Monday had nothing to contribute. Maybe our server at the Boulder Cork will provide his take on the issue over wine during our cozy Valentine's Day meal. Who knows? Maybe the official announcement will be heard on a local radio morning show.

No comments: