Friday, May 16, 2003

WOW

The guy who loves to spout on science at Forward Motion finally carried it too far, got the attention of Holly, and got his ass banned. At first she just suspended his membership for a week because he had broken the "No Truth" rule (stating that you know the truth and everyone else is just misguided in matters that are more commonly recognized as personal opinion). He sent her a nasty little email and she had no issues with banning him. Go Holly! That jackass has been annoying everyone with his arrogant assumptions and pontificating for quite some time.

As for writing, I spent most of today trying to outline my romance novel that I'm hoping to write next. I was really hoping to write another scifi next, but I just can't seem to kickstart my muse on that idea. And that's going to be a darker novel and I don't feel like writing dark right now. Maybe I'll find a way to make it brighter, but I doubt it. The idea originated from one of the worst situations in my life dealing with people I had mistakenly trusted. I've been screwed over before, but this just shattered my life for a while. So I don't know if it's possible to make it a bright novel. Not if I remain true to its inspiration. So I'm writing a romance instead. And I'll be ready to start my fantasy trilogy sometime soon, as well. That'll be fun. Just need to let my brain finish kicking around cultural ideas and stuff.

I'm heading up to Cheyenne right after work for a Sweet Adelines director's workshop. I'm really looking forward to it. We've got three amazing women leading the sessions and I'll be attending with six other women from my chorus. I'm bringing the laptop just in case, but I doubt I'll have time. Afterall, I did get an hour or so of writing time during Competition. At any rate, I likely won't post again until Monday. Don't cry too hard, now. :)

No comments: