Wednesday, June 04, 2003

More Excuses

Still not finished with the draft of the book. Still two chapters away. Need the fire under my posterior and fast. My excuses? Hmmm, let's see. There's usually at least two. The first is that Mark and I had to drop of the kitties at the vet this morning so they could get declawed. And I swung back and forth on this issue so much over the past year. But they were just so scared this morning. Addy kept clinging to me, even though she was hissing at me. And Nosey kept up this pitiful meow the whole way there in the car. We can visit them tonight, and we probably will. If I can get over my immense guilt at what I put them through today.

Excuse Number Two? My work buds did a fantabulous job of distracting me today from Excuse Number One. It's been a while since I've laughed this much. The laughter is also distracting me from Excuse Number Three, which I touched on briefly in yesterday's post. It shall, of course, remain shrouded in mystery until that time in which it will become not so shrouded. Yes, it's been one of those days.

No comments: