Thursday, July 24, 2003

More Medical Fun

I love making doctors scratch their heads. It's so much fun. They took some blood yesterday to check my RBC count and my thyroid. And I've got to do a sleep test. But they couldn't fit me into their schedule unitl mid September. And they'll give me the equipment so I can do the test at home myself. Which just makes me nervous. But last night I did have similar problems again. Nothing as bad as the night before, but enough that I noticed. Not too surprising, actually. Sleep apnea can be caused by anxiety. Nothing like having the doc check your thyroid and not tell you why to boost the anxiety levels. Of course, idiot me, I didn't ask.

I rewrote about twenty pages last night. I ditched a couple characters that really didn't need to be there anyway. And I worked in the debate in a much easier to read form. I think I'll type the changes in this weekend. I would wait, but I'm not sure I'll remember the notes I made to myself! One thing that revision is letting me see, though, is how far I've come in my writing this last year. I just hope I can make the style in the book consistent. That'll be the real challenge.

No comments: