Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Struggling

I was hoping to finish up my marathon goal today and write about 2500 words. But I've been pounding away at Red Rocks and I've only managed to eke out 860 words today. I may be able to reach my daily goal of 1.5k by 4, but I doubt it. But 860 isn't too bad. I'll probably break 1000 today by the time I finish up this chapter. And that's still progress. One thing I'm not ready to do with this new crazy scheduling is beat myself up for not doing what I had hoped. I just got to give it everything I got and see where it takes me. The goals are to help me aim. As I get used to making writing much more of a daily habit, I can start reaching those goals with regularity. And I'll likely be able to make up any word counts on the weekend. I tend to write much better then. It's all about experimenting with what makes me happy and works best for the realities of my life right now. I just need to make sure I don't give myself too many or too big an opportunity to whimp out. That's the key.

And my uncle the cop agreed to help out as much as he could with my research. That phone call went much better than expected (I really wish I could figure out why the notion bothered me so much). He's going to hunt through his books and send me any he doesn't need and send some references. I hope my questions don't look stupid. Wait. That's it! That's why I was hesitant to call him. *slaps forehead* Oh, get over it, Kellie. You can't be perfect to anyone, not even your relatives. Hell, especially not to your relatives.

No comments: