Friday, July 18, 2003

Writing Blind

In trying to write Brent's first Red Rocks appearance and POV chapter, I'm realizing just how much I want to know about police procedures and how much I don't know. My uncle is a cop in a suburb of Chicago, so I'm thinking I need to track him down and grill him. I just feel kind of odd thinking about asking my macho cop uncle questions for a romantic suspense. I'm very embarrassed to do this. I have no idea why. Probably another weird product of my brain when confronted with a situation it didn't expect (I'm still waiting to hear back from another source about these questions). I mean, I'm still reeling from the move. Instead of feeling like this is temporary, like there's a big change coming, I feel like something's wrong. It's really got me weirded out. It'll settle down after another week or two, I'm sure. But I just hate feeling like the ground underneath me keeps blinking out of existence.

No comments: