Wednesday, July 23, 2003

Off Day

This sucks. I was all set to plunk out at leat another 1k today. But I had some weird sleep issues last night. A handful of nights this year, I've had breathing problems while trying to go to sleep. Either I'll feel like I'm suffocating, choking, or just not breathing all together. It sounds like sleep apnea, but it doesn't happen harldy at all. The number of times it's happened has increased the past six months, right about the same time that my dizziness got bad again. But last night was really scary. I was so tired, but I kept jolting myself awake, struggling to breathe and trying to get my heart calmed down (wonder what my pulse was). And I had this irrational (well, slightly rational considering I kept waking myself up because I had stopped breathing) thought that I was going to die, so I didn't want to fall asleep until I could be sure that I could breathe fine. It was a terrible night. And I started to think that maybe this was connected to my dizziness. I have no idea how, but it's a thought. So I'm going back to the doc today. I don't think I'm going to hear anything very helpful, but I really don't like nights like last night. And if I can prevent them, then great. Might as well get that ball rolling, too.

As for writing, I'm too dizzy today. I did revise about 50 pages last night. It's not a "complete" revision. I need to axe ten or twenty pages and rework a lot of the into the 10-20 pages that follow. It's by no means impossible, but I just didn't take care of it last night. Sheila's got a class tonight and this dizziness doesn't seem to be going away, so I might not get any revision done tonight. We'll see.

No comments: