Saturday, March 22, 2003

Blame the Cats: Only written 400 hundred words today so far. I'm aiming for 3k. It's the cats fault. They're being so lazy and cute and cuddly. I took a break to read a book for a few minutes. But then both cats snuggled up with me and those few minutes turned into two hours. I suppose it didn't help that I was likely looking for an excuse to be lazy, either. I guess I haven't gotten tired of lounging around and doing next to nothing. Probably a side effect of working so hard for the past fifteen years and not having to anymore. It's nice not to push myself. It's nice to "waste" time reading a ton of books and watching fun movies and pampering myself. But the moments where I am impatient to get this book finished keep snapping me out of my laziness. Same with the knowledge that I'm working fourty plus hours a week as a secretary and I certainly don't want to be doing that for the rest of my life. Maybe I should schedule in some lazy time in the grid I created yesterday. Write for two hours and then do whatever the heck I want for two hours, then write for another two hours. Maybe that's the way to wean me off this habitual laziness. And if that's the case, then it's time to write for another two hours.

No comments: