Thursday, March 20, 2003

Well, I've been buried under snow here for a while, so that's why I haven't blogged the past two days. Boulder really didn't get hit too hard. I think we only managed to get 30 inches or so in about as many hours. The rest of the area really got pummelled. It was so bad yesterday that the cops were issuing tickets if you didn't have an emergency reason to be on the road. And "going to my secretarial job" most likely wouldn't qualify. So I had a snow day. Now the management is really dragging its feet to tell us whether or not we'll get paid for yesterday, or if we'll have to claim it as a vacation day. I'm betting on the latter, knowing the kind of cheapskates I work with. The only reason I even knew not to go in yesterday was because I called to tell them I couldn't make it in after trying. You'd think they could've called a couple people? Maybe that would've prevented others in worse areas from trying to get in as well. But this is a subject on which I could rant and rave for several blog entries. So I'll leave it alone for now.

I didn't do any writing with my snow-induced free time. I wanted my subconscious to percolate the issues I talked about in my last entry. That and Mark got to stay home yesterday, too, so we got to play Married Couple. Lotsa fun.

And then it stopped being fun when PJ called to tell me the war had started. At first I was relieved because it was just a bunch of missiles and air strikes. But now they've announced troops have actually started heading in. Please, God, keep my brother safe.

No comments: