Friday, March 14, 2003

Very tired. I have to do stuff for competition today, but I really don't want to. In fact, I'd rather be at home so I can take a nap, read a little (I actually think I'm capable of putting Sheila's book down after only reading a chapter or two...or four now) and then write. This weekend is another marathon and I'd really like to crank out at least 5000 words (that's about 20-25 pages). Maybe I'll get inspired and steamroll through the remainder of Part Two. That would be nice.

Last night we went to a reception for SUNY Buffalo Honor Program alums here in town. It was very small and very cozy. And Mark really enjoyed it, which was nice. And, of course, I had to answer the "Where are you from?" question several times. I've settled on the "I'm a military brat, so I'm not really from anywhere, but I've lived everywhere" kind of response. And if people want to hear more, they ask. If they don't, they smile and move on to some other bit of conversation. Makes my life easier. And their's, too, I imagine. :)

No comments: